Friday 15 May 2015

Reading Challenge- Part 1


In my previous post, I mentioned taking up the Reading Challenge, and also cribbing about how slow my challenge is going. Well, in today’s post I will be talking about 5 books that I have ticked off my reading list. 



A book that was originally written in a different language

Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert (Translated by Christopher Moncrieff)

Main reason why I chose this book was because I had to do my comparison assignment on Madame Bovary and Lolita. Never miss an opportunity, always grab it.


Verdict: Well, I am no one to comment on a classic. You already know.






A book with non-human characters

Holy Cow by David  Duchovny

I wanted to read this book for a funny read but then I already had a book in mind for that hence shifted this one to this category.


Verdict: This book is really hilarious. I found sarcasm and wit running throughout the book. I will recommend it for a light reading. A book to–be-read-in-between-two-intense-books





A Mystery/ Thriller

The Devotion of Suspect X by Keigo Higashino

I read the review of this book by Jerry Pinto in the Man’s World Magazine, where he is a guest writer. Thought I should try it out.


Verdict: Gripping. Will keep you engaged till the last page.








A Book that takes place in your hometown

Ravan and Eddie by Kiran Nagarkar

I am too much of a Bombay fan. I love this city to bits. Born and bought up in this city, I consider this place as my hometown. Kiran Nagarkar’s Ravan and Eddie is perfectly suitable for this category


Verdict: After reading this book, it is my favourite book EVER. He will make you fall in love with the book.







A Book that became a movie

 Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

My sister bought this book because she is a huge fan of Fight Club. So, this was an easy option.

Verdict: I love everything weird.


No comments:

Post a Comment