Friday 22 May 2015

#Bookstagram


A new trend is creating a rave amongst several bibliophiles. If you have an Instagram account you would know what I am referring to.


Bookstagram is a new fad that is seemingly becoming popular among book-lovers. An account solely dedicated to posting photographs related to books, under the hashtag of bookstagram. It is an interactive portal engaging millions of readers across the world in several giveaways, read-a-thon, book reviews, or favourite quotes from popular books. Love for literature is what binds everyone together.

Much pain is taken by the user to upload attractive photos which take us to a whole new level of book photography. To be honest, these photographs literally call you and make you want to read and posses those not-so-interesting books.


I have tried my hand at this with my normal phone camera. But my attempts are very amateur and nothing in comparison to these experts.


5 brilliant accounts that I follow on Instagram (you too need to follow them): 

Noura AlNaimi (@nouraimi

'Grandeur' is the word that best describes her photographs.
 






Ziba.Reads (@ziba.reads)

Her books (photographs) are calling out to you.




 

Mathilde Marie (@relationsheep)

My reading taste is quite similar to hers





 

Elephant Tea (@elephanttea)

Coffee and Books, two things favourite.




 

Lotte Likes Books (@lottelikesbooks)

^ That she certainly does! 






Most of the books on my reading list have been inspired by these people. As I mentioned before, the photographs are just gorgeous enough to lure you. It is also a great way to meet new and fellow book-lovers. The best part about this community is that they are very welcoming and happy to provide you with their inputs, comments and recommendations.


If you don’t have an Instagram account, download the app and make one. It will be worthwhile, trust me. 



Thank You @nouraimi @ziba.reads @relationsheep @elephanttea @lottelikesbooks for letting me share your pictures. You all have an excellent account!
  

 





No comments:

Post a Comment