Friday 8 May 2015

Reading Challenge 2015

I am 4 months late for this post, but who’s counting?

To begin with belated Happy New Year my fellow readers! I realise I have abandoned you for a really long time, but like a lost elephant I am back to my herd for good.

New Year calls for new beginnings, which in turn calls for new readings. Time to discover new books, authors, poems, genres and leave behind our age old stereotypes. My dumb self recently discovered these Reading Challenges that take place all over the internet. There are a wide variety of options available: Goodreads Challenge, Summer Reading Challenge, 50 Books Challenge, and several others. Being a voracious reader and competitive by nature, I voluntary took up one of the challenge that I came across after my thorough research.

I found my Reading Challenge 2015 from this website called POPSUGAR.

This particular challenge aroused my curiosity and got me excited. Options such as: a book you can finish in a day, a book that is last in your reading list, a book by an author who shares same initials as you, etc. seems very very interesting.  

I took my Reading Challenge vow on Instagram; and keep posting snapshots of books I have checked off my list. Though my Reading Challenge is going super slow­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­- due to the intrusion of the real world- I am trying my best.

Challenges are just an excuse to quirk things up a little, making you look beyond your usual choices. I am not one of the best readers with an eye for detail; I am among the average ones just looking to have a good time. Hence, I want to evolve as a reader and broaden my knowledge. I have promised myself that I won’t stick to my comfort zone and take this opportunity to explore.  

Wish me luck for my journey. I will keep you guys updated with my choices and reviews.

Till then Ciao.

Bouna Lettura! 

No comments:

Post a Comment