Tuesday 23 June 2015

Hot D̶u̶d̶e̶s̶ Aunties Reading



People following me on Twitter and Instagram keep wondering why do I like to call myself a "Creep with a capital C"? This blog post might just answer that question.

We are all familiar with the rave that "Hot Dudes Reading" has created. It is all over the internet trending and creating headlines. It has made reading look sexier than ever. (If you are unaware of "Hot Dudes Reading" just Google it, might not be able to stop yourself) Because conventionally it has been tried and spoken about by everyone, I thought why not test the waters and do an Indian version of the same?!

The idea seemed to appear very straightforward. Only after I started working on it I realized how complex this was going to be.

Problems: I have been secretly working on this blog post since past 6 weeks or more. I have faced plenty of difficulties while being on this secret mission. I foremost grasped the evident difference between India and other countries, if it wasn't obvious already. 

Mumbai local trains have a distinct segregation of ladies and gents compartment. Apart from the fact that we are deprived of hot dudes who actually read, finding hot men who read while traveling by train is next to impossible. Hence, I was left with the only option of doing an alternate version of Hot Dudes: Hot Aunties Reading!  

In other countries it is OKAY to click a random picture of a hot guy/ girl passing by, but in India you would immediately be labeled as a pervert and if some catches you, you’d probably be beaten to death. 

Clicking these pictures haven’t been an easy task. It is definitely not a piece of cake. You are engrappled with the fear that someone in this oh-so-crowded-train-that-i-can-not-breathe will notice you clicking a creepy picture of another innocent lady. The outcome wouldn’t be pretty. 

I had to be discreetly discreet while clicking a picture. The technique I used was to reduce my phone brightness to zero so that no one would be able to clearly see what I was doing on my phone. Thankfully it worked. 

Every time I clicked a picture I literally peed a little in my pants out of fear. It was like an adrenaline rush, I felt like I was violating my own boundaries and performing a crime. 

Despite all that, I thoroughly enjoyed performing this stunt. And I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I do.  

Note: Before you scroll down and look at the pictures, I advise you not to be judgmental and excuse these bad unedited pictures.


It was super crowded and we all were queued up to get down at the next station,
 yet she continued reading.


I double checked whether she was reading or watching a video.


She takes the same train that I take. It was only after four days 
I managed to click her picture while she was busy reading.


She was intently reading a prayer book.


It was raining heavily, windows and doors were shut. 
Aunty used her mobile backlight and continued reading.


Luckily I found this lady as soon as I arrived at the station.


She was reading a health book in Marathi.


With rains I agree Ebook is the best option.


She was too engrossed in reading Fifty Shades of Grey to notice me.


She was busy studying for some exam
 (Technically should fall under the category of reading)

Photo Courtesy: Ashna Bahl
Never let any kind of baggage weigh you down.

Observation: Not many people read. Or not many read while traveling. Though getting these pictures have been difficult for me, it is interesting to see how these ladies despite so many complications make some time in whatever little space they find to read.

I am a little upset that I couldn't find more ladies. It has been a tough six weeks for me. It wasn’t that I was alone working on this blog post; I had spread the word and asked my friends to contribute for photographs if they came across any lady reading in train. Despite that I was able to come up with only 11 pictures.

 6 weeks + 10 people > 11 pictures.

If I were to do a post on “Watch Movies While Traveling- Saves Time” I probably would have got more than 20 pictures. 

It is sad to find such less amount of people reading while traveling. In fact, traveling is the only time for me when I can read peacefully; throughout the day I am so caught up with work and other stuff that I am left with little or no time to read.  

As far as "Hot Dudes Reading" in India is concerned, it won’t ever be possible. As I mentioned earlier, the proportion of hot guys reading to hot guys reading while traveling in train is very less. 

You aren’t alone, everyone has a hidden creepy side. Hence, I ask you guys to try this not-so-secret anymore mission of mine. Email me not only the pictures but your experience as well at foramdhruv92@gmail.com. I will post it on my blog as soon as I have enough pictures.  

P.S: Ladies who have been featured in this post, I assure you your pictures haven’t been used for any creepy purposes, and I sincerely apologise for invading your privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment